Monday 17 May 2010

Vino? Yes!


Anna's Bristol Wine Club


I was, erm, shall we say, 'killing time' on one of my travels through cyberspace when I stumbled upon an interesting post on Gumtree. It was placed by a rather enterprising lady who (like me) wanted to learn something about wine and meet new people. This couldn't be more perfect for my first venture into the social whirlwind that I would soon be rustling up for my little self. So, I left a message and pessimistically wondered if it would just float in e-mail land forever. Hurrah, it got somewhere and I was invited to a wine tasting evening at her house. A fantastic evening of blind tasting ensued where I met some really fab people and shared some funny anecdotes. I wasn't so great at deciphering the wines but, hey ho, it was my first time afterall and, to my relief, there wasn't a wine snob in sight. Surprisingly my favourite wine was the Oyster Bay Marlborough Chardonnay. I say "surprisingly" as it's one I often see but skim past. I've learned to never judge a bottle by it's label. Ah, see, activities featuring alcohol can be educational, oh great! I still have a way to go before I can confidently identify the fermentation process by holding it against a white sheet of paper but it's a start...

http://www.facebook.com/sinead.millea#!/group.php?gid=141619439207926
Image © Sinéad Millea

1 comment:

  1. Wine-tasting is all voodoo anyway. Give them Ribena and poitin and they can't tell the difference

    ReplyDelete